One out of three American adults has prediabetes, and most of them do not know it. Having prediabetes means your blood glucose (sugar) level is higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes. Without weight loss or moderate physical activity, many people with prediabetes can develop type 2 diabetes within five years. Type 2 diabetes is a serious condition that can lead to health issues such as heart attack, stroke, blindness, or kidney failure.
St. Peter’s Health Partners offers a FREE, 16-week PreventT2 lifestyle change program will help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes. The program offers —
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
- Follow-meetings to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
To be eligible for this free program you must score a 9 or greater on the CDC Self-Assessment Quiz or be diagnosed with prediabetes by your physician.
Our next class will take place:
Starting July 11
Thursdays, 2 – 3pm
147 Hoosick Street, Troy
Addition Upcoming Programs:
- (Beginning July 18) Tuesdays, 1 – 2 pm | Lifepath Living Center, 469 Livingston Ave., Albany
- (Begining August 14) Wednesdays, 9 – 10 am | Albany Memorial Hospital, Marar Room, 600 Northern Blvd., Albany