St. Peter’s Health Partners Offering Free Diabetes Prevention Program
One out of three American adults has prediabetes, and most of them do not know it. Having prediabetes means your blood glucose (sugar) level is higher than normal but not high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes. Without weight loss or moderate physical activity, many people with prediabetes can develop type 2 diabetes within five years. Type 2 diabetes is a serious condition that can lead to health issues such as heart attack, stroke, blindness, or kidney failure.
Take the quick cdc self-assessment quiz to find out if you have prediabetes!
St. Peter’s Health Partners offers a FREE, 16-week PreventT2 lifestyle change program will help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes. The program offers —
- A CDC-approved curriculum
- The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
- A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
- Support from other participants with the same goals as you
- Follow-meetings to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
To be eligible for this free program you must score a 9 or greater on the CDC Self-Assessment Quiz or be diagnosed with prediabetes by your physician.
Our next class will take place:
Starting January 24
Thursdays, 2 – 3pm
147 Hoosick Street, Troy
Addition Upcoming Programs:
- (Begins February 19) Tuesdays, 11 am – 12 pm | 2 Roxborogh Road, Cropseyville
- (Begins March 13) Wednesdays, 9 – 10 am | 63 Sharker Road, Albany
- (Begins March 13) Wednesdays, 3 – 4 pm | 63 Sharker Road, Albany
- (Begins March 20) Wednesdays, 7:30 am – 8:30 am | 2 Empire Drive, Rensselaer
Registration is required. To register or learn more, visit SPHP.com/DPP, or contact Kate Ratigan at Kate.Ratigan@sphp.com or (518) 477-3548.